Saturday, February 8, 2014

Winter in Germany


A few things to say about this picture:

1.  I live 25 minutes from church, which isn't idea.  But at least it's a pretty drive through the Bavarian countryside.  There's one open area in particular that I always pass and think, "If only I could capture that in a picture..."  Of course, I can't.  But one Sunday there was some snow still on the ground and I decided to pull off onto a side road to take a picture.  Just like I originally thought, a picture doesn't do it justice.

2.  I really need to learn how to use my camera better.  There are fancy settings that I only vaguely understand.  And whatever the picture ends up looking like is inevitably changed through editing.

3.  Winter so far has been mild.  If I had to describe last year, I'd say: snow blowing around very gray skies for months on end.  But this year we've only had a few snow storms.  And I've seen plenty of sun.  I'm loving it!

4.  It's surprising how often I see elderly people walking around.  And on really narrow streets.  [You can see two old ladies in the bottom left of the picture.]  I guess they're not worried about being hit by a car. I would be.

The end of that boring list.


No comments:

Post a Comment