Thursday, February 13, 2014

Santiago: 5 months!

It's hard to believe Tiago is already 5 months old.  Sometimes I don't realize the growth and progress he's making because I'm with him all the time, but he is definitely getting bigger and playing around more. I think with the first there's the tendency to always think, "He's so big!"  [Like in my mind, I barely consider him a little baby anymore.]  I hear mothers with multiple kids looking at the youngest and commenting about how little they are.  

Maybe its like how my mom used to let my oldest sister babysit when she was only 8, because she was practically an adult; but when my youngest sister was 8 she was still being walked to the bus stop.  


Anyway, this "big baby" was moving all over the place and I just couldn't narrow down the photos, so....


A few things to remember about him at this age:
  • He still has big eyes and stares at people.  
  • He doesn't perform on demand.  He's either happy and giggly, or he's not.  And if he's not, there's nothing you can do to get a smile.
  • lots of drool
  • He doesn't roll over (probably because I don't enforce "tummy time").  But he can kick himself around in circles.
  • No real food yet.  
  • People ask about his "schedule."  To which I respond "what schedule??"  As soon as I think there's a pattern, it changes.  For the last 2 weeks he was taking one nap around noon, but today he woke up earlier, and napped twice.  So you never know...
  • He does great sleeping at night.  He rarely wails at bedtime anymore (thank goodness!! It does wonders for my sanity!)  The other night he slept for 10 hours!!  I am still questioning whether I woke up to feed him once and just forgot about it, but I really think he went the whole night.  It was an anomaly though.  Usually he sleeps for 4-7 hour stretches.  
  • He plays with paper and crinkles it up.  He holds things in his hands very well.  He prefers to play with my fingers, though, and tries to shove them into his mouth and gnaw on them.  (Teething maybe?  But I don't see anything yet.)
  • He's a strong kicker.  
  • And very very happy. 
Warning: picture overload.

Another new trick is sticking out his tongue.
And sometimes I think he looks like a baby model.  He looks 10 lb heavier in this puffy vest.
 




Soccer legs.

Hello, big eyes!


WET chin.
The end!


1 comment: