I always walk out of Ikea with waaaay more than I had on my "to buy" list. (Not to mention a belly full of meatballs.)
Today, for example, I only had three things on my list. And I bought... well, let's just say it was a lot more than three things!
The good news, though, is when I went to take some pictures of what I bought tonight, I almost had a hard time finding it all because it already blends in perfectly in our house. I call that successful shopping. Everything has its place and purpose. That must mean I needed it all...
1. Cheerful yellow pot & plant for our table centerpiece [the only living plant in our apartment]
2. Tray for kitchen counter so the salt & pepper, butter, and sugar aren't just floating around
3. Yellow tray to liven up the sideboard decor (and another plant)
4. Yellow fruit bowl... even though I don't have much fruit on hand. Sad, lonely apple.
[yes, there might be a yellow trend. I guess I was feeling colorful!]
5. Pack of postcard prints. I actually bought these, along with a green picture frame, for Santiago's room. But since he's asleep, I didn't take a picture of the framed ones. These three were just left-overs.
6. Baby spoons and soft bibs to soak up all of Tiago's drool. He already soaked through one in an afternoon.
7. High chair, tray, and cushion. I already loooove this purchase! For a kid that can't sit up on his own, he does a pretty good job of sitting up on his own.
Not pictured:
-Curtain rod
-chip clips (is that what they're called?)
-things to childproof the cabinets (again... do they have a name?)
-And I almost forgot, an orange rug for in front of our kitchen sink. It blended in so well it didn't even get its picture taken.
And those are all the reasons (plus the meatballs) that I love Ikea.

This makes me want to go to Ikea. And yes, you need more fruit. :)
ReplyDelete