Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Ramblings (turned weight confessions)

(Source)

At night when I lay in bed my mind feels like a marble in a pinball machine.  Within  seconds I can be thinking about what to wear tomorrow, how many days left of deployment, my childhood allowance, the cookies in my kitchen, etc.  And somehow, in my mind, there is a logical thought process through it all.  

So this post might be a bit scattered, like my brain. 

The good news is if I manage to stay awake thinking about random things it means I'm not sleep deprived, right??  In all honesty, most of the time I don't feel sleep deprived.  Santiago wakes up throughout the night to eat, but then he goes right back to sleep.  And so do I.  (Minus a few minutes of random thoughts.)  His days are another story.  Some days are good.  Other days are less-good.  But nothing to complain about. 

I came across this picture on Facebook yesterday.   Have truer words ever been spoken??


It perfectly sums up how I feel at the moment.  Because none of my jeans fit.  Not even my 'fat jeans'!  Last night one of the many things that crossed my mind while I was trying to fall asleep was that I won't post pictures of me at my current weight until I've lost a few pounds.  Then I can post a "before" and "after" and people will think how much skinnier I look.  (Instead of looking at me currently and just thinking I look fat.)  

When I was pregnant I spent Saturday night trying on clothes to find something cute that I would fit in for church.  It was kind of fun. 

Now, I spent Saturday night trying on clothes to find something cute that I would fit in for church.  But since I'm not pregnant, it's less fun!  I tried on a collared shirt, and I think there was a 4" gap in some places between the buttons and the button holes.  

I'm glad I can laugh at the situation.  It hasn't reached the point of being depressing.  [give it a few more weeks]  While I'm on this tangent, here's a related story:

I decided that since I am the size that I am, I should buy a pair of jeans that fit.  Even if they're too big in a few months, I need to leave the house in something for the next few months. So I strapped Santiago into his carseat, and we took a little trip to Amberg, 30 minutes away.  It's basically the closest "shopping area".  I found street parking, and headed to H&M.  They have relatively affordable jeans, so I thought this would just be a matter of finding the right style, right size, paying, and leaving. 

Except it turns out 95% of the store is for skinny people.  

After scanning the entire jeans section and only finding one or two pairs in my size, I found another part of the store with my size.  The bigger sizes.  There were about 10 pair of jeans [total] in the "plus size" section.  (Not sure if that's what it was called, since the sign was in German.  I found another sign that grouped the number sizing into S, M, and L...  my size falls into the "L" category, which is why I can't believe it was in the plus size area.)  

To end this sad tale-- of the 10 pair of jeans, none fit, so I left.  Empty handed.  

I came home and ordered $100+ worth of jeans online in the hopes that something fits.  And then I'll return the rest.  (I love free returns!)  Hopefully there is a happy ending.  In the short term, that would mean a good pair of "plus size" jeans that fit.  In the long term, that would mean wearing my normal clothes again!  



2 comments:

  1. Funny you lay in bed thinking about those cookies in your kitchen....I have just learned to just get up and go eat them and turn off the rambling in the brain. Also, remember that it took me 3-4 months to get back into my regular clothes. Buying a large pair of jeans will make you feel better at this point and down the road you'll need them again (after you have another baby). Also, yes that is a the truest words ever said.....I thought I was "fat" when we were living in Maine in the brown house and I was wearing size 8 pants.....not any more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! ha! So true! Yes, totally buy a couple cute things that fit you now. Maxi skirts are great too. It took you 9 months to put all the weight on, so be patient getting it off. (3-4 months, Jan?! It took me 11 to get back to pre-baby weight after Ella!)

    ReplyDelete