Friday, October 25, 2013

Afghanistan: food and meetings



It's always fun to see pictures posted on the facebook page of Hyrum's squadron.  I think every wife scans through them, looking for a familiar face in the midst of all the camouflage.  And this morning I found a few of Hyrum!  

A few weeks ago the leadership was invited to an Eid dinner, to celebrate the Muslim holiday.  Hyrum went along to take pictures. So here's a glimpse at an Afghan meal. 



[source]

Hyrum isn't in the pictures below, but I thought they were interesting.  

"The ANA leadership, Wolfpack leadership, and District Governor sat down to discuss security and election preparation." [source]
I remember when Hyrum was in ROTC they did a training very similar to this-- simulating the interaction between local leaders and the Army, and discussing cultural differences like the importance of elders and tea drinking.  And here is it in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment