Monday, October 28, 2013

A Happy Ending

After complaining about how none of my clothes fit  and not being able to find jeans in my size, I had stroke of luck.

I was driving across post and saw a sign up saying the thrift store was open.  [Like many places around here, it has crazy hours. Like Tuesday, Thursday, and one Saturday a month.]  Anyway, I decided to stop, even though it meant hauling Santiago around in his car seat, since he was sleeping.  So worth it because they had one pair of S.Oliver jeans in my size!  [Do they sell that brand in the states?  If not, it might be comparable to Gap.]    

They fit great!  [Even though I had to try them on in the bathroom.  With the car seat.  Kind of awkward.]

I decided to press my luck and check out the skirts, even though the selection looked pretty minimal.  But the first skirt I looked at was my size!  So was the second.  And third.  I decided to forego the bathroom, and just tried them on over my pants in a secluded area of the store.  And for just $25 I left the store with jeans, two skirts, a jacket [all for me] and overalls [for Santiago].  I'm definitely not above used clothing, as long as it fits. 

So I was feeling pretty lucky.  

And today I sorted through my clothes and put all the stuff that doesn't fit in a box under my bed.  I might as well take advantage of the situation and not have my drawers crammed full of unused clothes.

And when my clothes don't look appealing, I just steal Hyrum's t-shirts.  :)

1 comment:

  1. HA funny. Glad you found some great deals at the thrift store

    ReplyDelete