Friday, March 14, 2014

Nursery Tour


Almost a year ago, I posted Part I of our home tour, with intentions of making Part II with our bedrooms/bathrooms.  That has yet to happen, and in the last year, one of our bedrooms underwent a makeover to become Santiago's nursery.   

I love how his room turned out.  It's bright and colorful, fairly gender neutral, and we won't have to repaint any walls when we leave.  For this room we bought a crib, dresser, and wall decals.  The rest we pulled from other places around the house.  

Walking in...


Not sure if this is a common problem to have, but I need to use a stool to put Santiago in his crib.  I wanted to buy this red one at Ikea, but I couldn't find it in the store.  Instead I pulled our stool out of the kitchen.  


The bookshelf is mostly still filled with our adult books, since 'his library' only takes up a few inches on the top shelf.


Somehow we ended up with a bunch of these cheap frames from Walmart, so I got creative with Google Images to make some custom art for the wall.  I also painted the other two canvases shown below.  When we were in Ohio I had the habit of buying canvases every time I saw them at the craft store on sale.  [...and we lived less than a quarter mile from both Joanne's and Michaels.] I've finally put a few of them to good use.  


With no closets in the house, I hang a few things on this blue Ikea rack, then stuff the rest of his clothes in the top drawer.  And now that those curtains are hanging, everything here is complete!     



1 comment: