I didn't realize until after I'd left the house that today is St Patricks Day!
One of our memorable St Patricks Day celebrations happened two years ago in Chicago. It was just a coincidence that we were there for the holiday, but luckily we'd packed some green and enjoyed matching the green Chicago River while out sightseeing.
We took the trip because Hyrum needed to deal with some nationality paperwork at the Colombian Consulate office; Chicago's office was the one closest to our house in Ohio. Good excuse for a weekend getaway.
We spent plenty of time wandering around the city. The weather was beautiful, and so was the skyline. We took a field trip to the Federal Reserve Bank, and topped things off with classic deep-dish pizza.
Sadly, today will not top that. I've been cleaning the house all day, and I'm not even wearing green.





No comments:
Post a Comment