The transition from Utah to Germany proved difficult for Santiago. His sleeping was off. And his cheery disposition all but disappeared. Luckily it was only temporary. He's gradually returning back to normal, although he still cries when I leave the room. But as long as I'm nearby [and especially if I'm looking at him] he is smiley and giggly. Occasionally it would be nice to just set him down and be able to move freely around the apartment, but it's also nice to feel adored by a boy with such a cute little face.
Some of his recent talents and developments include:
- grabbing his left foot and just holding on
- shaking a rattle violently
- spinning in circles on the floor just by squirming
- pulling any fabric within reach over his head, then screaming because of it
- shreaking [the happy kind] and squealing like a little pig
It's fun to see him interact more and actually play with toys. Unfortunately, the more he likes to play, the less he likes to rock in his swing. It was nice while it lasted. He has some improvement to make with nap time, but sleeps well at night; so sometimes I just think I'll take what I can get.
A lot of the faces he pulls are familiar...
Ex: 1
Ex. 2
..but he's getting more and more expressive every day.



No comments:
Post a Comment