Here are their stats from their 6.5 months check-up:
Mila
Height: 25.25" (25-50 percentile)
Head: 41 cm (below 5 percentile)
Weight: 14 lb 10 oz (5-10 percentile)
Siena:
Height: 26" (25-50 percentile)
Head: 41.5 cm (5-10 percentile)
Weight: 15 lb 11 oz (10-25 percentile)
Basically, Siena is a consistent pound heavier than her sister, even though it feels like much more than that! Holding her feels like you're holding a big concrete block. But then I see that she's only in the 25 percentile and I remind myself she's really not that big. (Spoiler alert: she's going to be a pig for Halloween. I'm not sure if it's mean to put her in a pig costume... but it's so cute!!)
By now they've perfected their rolling. Siena can kind of sit up, meaning she'll do it if she wants to. She also in the last few days has learned to scoot around with her arms. I'd give it a few days before she realizes she now can access the whole house. Mila is very content without any of those skills. She doesn't show interest in sitting or crawling. She just likes to be held and smiled at.
They've been eating baby food for about a month. (Basically, once the movers brought their high chairs.) It started well: they both ate squash and peas. And then the "fruits only" revolt began and the vegetables are just taking up shelf space. I don't blame them... pears taste better than peas.
As far as personalities go, Mila is calm and content. Siena is much more curious and independent. It's fun to watch Tiago interact with them both, and he favors whichever one will laugh at him the most. (He's quite the clown around them.) He gets the best laughs out of Siena.
Probably the most exciting thing over the last few months is that they started sleeping through the night without waking up!!!! I knew it needed to happen once we got their cribs set up. I thought I'd have to do some sleep training like I did with Tiago. But it turns out these two girls just sleep better than him! Over the course of a few days, when they woke up in the middle of the night we went from giving them 6 oz to 3 oz, then tried not feeding them at all. And... they occasionally cried for 5 minutes, and then would fall back asleep. It literally required no work on our part, and I am thoroughly enjoying my uninterrupted sleep. (Although honestly, since we moved from Germany, Hyrum and I had been taking turns every other night, and that made the waking up more bearable.)
So can I reiterate how good these babies are? They also nap twice a day... fairly consistently. They're keepers.
| Mila around 7 months |
| Mila closer to 6 months (sleeping on our hotel bed)... and this might actually be Siena-- I don't remember now. |
| They finally met Grandpa! |
I was just looking back on pictures of Tiago at this age to see if they looked alike (which I don't think they do), and realized that this is the age Tiago was when he met Hyrum! Hyrum got back from Afghanistan just a few days before Tiago turned 7 months old. That makes me excited, because that's when Tiago really started to be more fun.
6 MONTHS
| Siena: left, Mila: right |
| Tiago hates missing out. Every single month. |
| Mila. (Again.) |
7 MONTHS (plus a few days)
| Siena: left, Mila: right |
No comments:
Post a Comment