Hyrum had a birthday! We had our stuff mostly unpacked by that point and I was eager to make something delicious... so I picked my favorite (which fortunately, he also likes): coconut key lime cupcakes with white chocolate frosting. I'm practically drooling just typing that.
We kept things pretty low key, since we were both tired from all the unpacking and picture hanging and cleaning. We ate cupcakes for breakfast, cupcakes at lunch, and after a fun target run that evening we came home and ate cake. (Just for memory's sake: I had a great idea to make a mini cake using the batter, so there'd be some place to put the candles. I grabbed an old baby formula can out of the recycling container, and cooked it until the inside was perfectly cooked. Then I realized there was a rim around the inside of the container and no way to dump the cake out. I got pretty creative, and managed a semi-presentable cake by frosting-gluing pieces back together. Lesson learned.)
It didn't matter what went wrong though, because for Hyrum, any birthday is a success as long as he gets a soccer jersey. (And he also got a little soccer goal to use with Tiago.)
The day after Hyrum's birthday General Conference started... and the rain started falling. And then we got to experience the once in a thousand years flood. That's a story for another day. Considering I have stuff to write about from back in August, who knows when I'll get to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment