Sunday, April 13, 2014

Santiago: 7 Months!


At 7 months, Santiago finally met his daddy (or, Papá!).  Sometimes he freaks out crying (who is this guy?!) but he's usually thrilled because Hyrum is WAY more energetic and entertaining than I am.  (At least so far, we're only on day 2).  When Hyrum plays with the soccer ball Tiago laughs and laughs.  


It's been a good month for Tiago... much better than last month.  He's eating and sleeping more regularly, although there's room for improvement.  He doesn't like baby food very much, but will eat a few yogurt drops or rice wafers.  He likes people watching and being outside where there is stuff going on.  (In church, he's usually happy just sitting and watching his surroundings.)

Favorite toys include pens, paper, giant paper clips, a wooden Christmas ornament, cardboard boxes, hangers, and metal measuring spoons.  Anything he can wrap his little fingers around.  

I think his only new trick this month is that he can kind of scoot backwards.  Oh, and he shakes his head back and forth like he's dancing.

Thing he still doesn't do: roll consciously from front to back (why?!), sit up, crawl, talk.  

He is getting a bath more regularly, like I mentioned last week.  And is adored by everyone!  (Especially his grandparents.) When we were waiting for Hyrum's homecoming ceremony to begin, a guy walking by asked if he could take a picture of Tiago.  Such a popular kid!

I'm hoping that by 8 months he's sleeping through the night without waking up.  He's getting close.  I've already cut out the middle-of-the-night feeding, but he usually still wakes up and cries for a while.   Baby steps.  


No comments:

Post a Comment