Saturday, April 11, 2015

April 11

Today marks several notable things.

1.  Last year Hyrum returned from his deployment in Afghanistan.  While I'm sure many of the details of that day will fade as the years pass, I don't think I'll ever forget how anxious and excited I was when we were waiting for the soldiers to arrive.  [We sat in the gym for over an hour... can't risk missing the event!]  Not only was I anticipating seeing my husband again, but it was also the first time for Hyrum to meet Tiago.  I'd never seen him as a dad before.  And it was all worth the wait.  Even though Tiago cried for our first family picture, and even though Hyrum almost dropped him because he hadn't yet learned the trick of balancing a baby on his hip, today you'd think they'd known each other forever.  Hyrum loves making Tiago laugh and has endless energy to do so, and Tiago loves when Hyrum entertains him.  Match made in heaven.




2.  This year, I'm spending my first 24 hours alone with Tiago and the twins.  Hyrum is away training, and my mom flew home after helping for several weeks.  As soon as we got back from dropping her off at the train station, all three kids were in tears.  Tiago cried because he didn't like being left in the car seat while I carried the babies upstairs.  The babies cried because they didn't like being set down while I went to rescue Tiago from his car seat.  But... they're going to have to get used to it!  This afternoon I got them all loaded up in the stroller (and baby carrier) to go for a walk; as we walked down our driveway I started feeling raindrops and wondered if I'd just wasted the last 15 minutes, but fortunately it cleared up and we were able to get some fresh air.  Overall, the day has been a success, but bedtime hasn't happened yet.  It could be a loooong night.  

goodbye Grandma!  3 crying kids miss you already.
3.  Today is also the start of my diet.  I've been eating whatever I wanted for the last... 9+ months?  I knew at some point I'd have to buckle down and try to lose the baby weight, so until I decided it was 'go time', I continued to enjoy dessert and bread and everything else good in the world.  Butter anyone?  Now that my mom is gone, and no longer tempting me with delicious treats, I'm ready to get serious.  We'll see how this goes.  If it goes poorly, I probably won't write about it again (and pictures of me may be scarce.)  If it goes well, at some point I might show a before/after.  Hopefully it's the second scenario!
no more of this.  :(
4. Lastly, today I thought I was going to start using instagram, but it turns out I'm not.  Because I can't figure it out.  Why doesn't it work on computers?  Everything is faster on a computer... with a real keyboard... and a mouse.  Trying to use my ipad caused a chain-reaction of problems: can't add friends via facebook without changing privacy settings, can't change privacy settings without updating my operating system, can't update iOS without deleting things from the memory, can't delete stuff without putting itunes on my computer... and the itunes downloader keeps freezing.  So here I am.  No instagram.  


No comments:

Post a Comment