Every time I go, I check out LOTS of books. I don't read 90% of what I get, and I know that when I pick them up, but I still love to get books. I take them home, look at the first few pages, flip through the pictures, and put them on my shelf until I decide it's time to return them. [And bonus: our library doesn't have late fees! Otherwise, I'd probably be broke.]
I used to read more novels, and now that I have a baby... I don't. But I still get curious about them occasionally, and check one out 'just to see'.
And then there are travel books. We use those regularly, whether to plan specific trips, or just think about possible trips.
With that in mind, I present my current bookshelf:
- London, Greece and the Netherlands are all in the works. So I've been looking through those books to make plans. Rick Steves is the most practical, but when he's not available at the library, I'll settle for Fodors, or anything else I can get.
- Norway was an option, but I decided it was too expensive to go see the fjords, and decided not to squeeze it in this summer.
- Krakow is still on our radar. Apparently, it's a really cool city, like the Prague of Poland.
- I'm planning to do a garden this summer! So I have Gardening for Dummies, and a beginners guide. I had a book from Martha Stewart, but I always forget that her books are useless to me because she's just on a different level. Whereas I prefer books for dummies, she writes books for perfectionist smarties.
- There's a sewing book, which I think I got back when I was making curtains.
- A German recipe book. I had intentions of trying to make something, but it was a little bit too much like a Martha Stewart book.
- A baby sleep book. Scanned it earlier today. And... the reason I'm writing this is to distract myself from my screaming baby. I'm not supposed to go into his room for another 10 minutes. I'm not sure I'm loving that book, but I might change my mind in a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment