In no particular order:
Santiago usually wakes up in the corner of his crib all balled up.
A nice friend gave us a basket of goodies to congratulate us on surviving the deployment. And other nice things. I might have overdosed on sugar. It was awesome. There was also popcorn in the basket, which reminds me... since Hyrum has been home we've been able to watch movies together once Tiago goes to bed. We make popcorn, pour a cup of Canada Dry and sit back on our comfy bed watching the laptop. It's better than being in a movie theater!
We've seen some beautiful sunsets lately.
Tiago still prefers unconventional toys, like measuring spoons.
Whenever I call Matt, we always end up talking on the phone for at least an hour... and a good portion of that time is spent talking about food. And most of the time we're talking about food, we're talking about cheese. So when I found this recipe calling for a big wheel of Brie cheese, I thought of him. I decided to make it the other day, and it was delicious! (It has sundried tomatoes, artichoke, and pesto). The only hiccup was that the recipe says to put the whole cheese wheel in, including the rind. I didn't realized there was white plastic around the white rind, so the plastic got cooked! (whoops) Good thing it was easily removable. [Recipe here.]
Happy baby and happy daddy!
When we go for walks, I can make Hyrum push the stroller up the big hill. And when we go running (I mean, the one time we went running) together, Hyrum can push the stroller!!
Also, Tiago still hangs one arm (usually his left) off to the side. It might be for life.
My mom sent these rice wafers. He hates normal baby food, but likes to have something in his hand he can put in his mouth. He'll eat several of these at a time if we let him.
The Easter bunny kind of came.
There are rapeseed fields popping up all over. It is so pretty! It's electric yellow/green. So we stopped this afternoon to take some pictures; I love the colors. I could take pictures of it all day. [And for the record, Tiago still doesn't like the camera. When we pull it out, he looks the other way, or gets very serious.]
While we were in the car it started hailing, but luckily it stopped during the drive. We hopped out to take some pictures, and although it was raining on us, you can't tell. Poor Tiago had a soaked head by the time we put him back in his car seat. It's funny weather we're having in Germany the last few weeks. Spring comes and goes several times a day.






Who took that last picture?
ReplyDeleteThe self-timer... on top of our car.
Delete