Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Random Kitchen Info

Every time I use either of these two items in the kitchen, I think about how glad I am to have them.  So I thought I'd share:

1. Christmas tree spatula.  Not sure where it's from.  (Pretty sure it was part of a holiday package from mom).  It's narrow enough that the sides don't bend when I'm scraping a bowl.  And it doesn't get packed away at the end of December.  It's a wonder that even though I always use this one, I still own 4 others that just collect dust.





2. Pampered Chef mini-spatula.  I probably shouldn't admit that I've melted the plastic on a few plastic spatulas while making pancakes, so naturally, I like that this is metal.  It's small, which means less to clean, and it scrapes stuff off pans easily.  Favorite thing in the kitchen.  (And just in case I lose it, I have a back-up.  I think we got two as wedding presents.)


As for the rest of my kitchen stuff, I usually wish I didn't have it.  My kitchen has no storage.  And even with 50% of my appliances in storage because they're 110v and transformers are a hassle  it still feels cramped.  (No popcorn popper, no waffle maker, no George Foreman, no Kitchen-aid  no bread-maker )  It's amazing how much you can do with so little.  But I'm still excited for a reunion with my Kitchen-aid a few years down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment