Thursday, November 8, 2012

Winter Dream

I submit that life doesn't get better than this:  


In May, Hyrum and I took a much-needed vacation to Riviera Maya, just 30 minutes down the coast from Cancun.  From the day we booked the trip, I think I checked my calendar every day at work to see how many days, weekends, and month-ends there were until leaving.  It was definitely worth it.  The beaches in the Yucatan never fail to impress.  

We were right down the road from Tulum, where the ruins around the beach are the perfect compliment to the clear, warm water.   
The hotel we stayed at was all-inclusive.  (SO FUN!)  Hyrum ate more for breakfast than a poor latino child probably eats in a week.  For other meals, we could choose from one of a dozen restaurants with 3 course meals and fancy desserts.  
Along with the unlimited food, we got unlimited drinks.  In the lobby.  At the pool.  On the beach.  When can we go back??
While I loved the beach, Hyrum loved the soccer.  There were Latinos and Europeans that he got to play with twice during the week.  (for hours...)

Chichen Itza was a day trip away.  It was the *least* relaxing part of my vacation, as we almost got stuck in the bus station in Valladolid overnight.  That's a story for another day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment