Thursday, November 8, 2012

Second Hand Prague

While in Prague, we happened upon a small second-hand store.  We debated whether or not to even go inside, but once in, we spent over an hour and every Koruna in our wallets.  (Fortunately, we didn't have that much on-hand, or we would have spent more!) I got this traditional dirndl and top for about 10 dollars. Actually, I think she lowered the price more because she couldn't find the apron that went with it.  Even though I'll have to let out the sides a bit (can you tell I can't breath??) it was a steal compared to the $100 price tags I've seen on most dirndls here in Germany.  Future Halloween costume, anyone?  

I also got a great coat for cheap (pictured below at Oktoberfest), which is good news because my winter coats are still in transit.  Still.  

Hyrum got a blue velvet blazer.  I know, I really need to get a picture of him modeling that.  And an England soccer jersey/shirt.  The store was full of great stuff.  And I always love a good thrift store. 


(You can kind of see in the background the girls actually wearing dirndls.  And the gentlemen in their lederhosen.  It's very common at Oktoberfest.  If only mine fit better.... and if only  my sewing machine weren't still on a boat.  Can you tell I miss having my stuff??)   

No comments:

Post a Comment