Thursday, November 1, 2012

Laundry

If I weren't staying at home all day today with nothing else to do, this would definitely be the day to complain about our German washer and dryer.  Hyrum came home with two large bags of gross, dirty uniforms and equipment that needed to be washed.  (funny since he only wore 1 uniform the whole time).  And our washer capacity maxes out at about 1 uniform.  So I think I did 6 loads.  And each one takes 2 hours and 45 minutes!!  I think it's part of the "green" movement.

The good news is that it with each load being so small, it only takes about 30 seconds to fold all the clothes.

A couple of other random things about german washer/dryers is you have to empty the water container from the dryer.  Doesn't drain on its own.  I can't believe how much water goes into the dryer that then needs to be dumped.

At the end of the day, I'm just so glad to have a w/d finally IN my apartment and not have to haul my laundry baskets elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment