Saturday, November 10, 2012

Czech, Czech, and Czech!

No matter where we go in the world, there are two things Hyrum always has on his radar.  (Okay, three... but one is the temple, and I'm restricting this post to secular things!)

To illustrate what I mean, here's our trip to Prague (September) through Hyrum's eyes:

1)  Soccer-- everywhere, soccer.

Better believe we came home with a set of stacking dolls... of the COLOMBIAN national soccer team.  It will go right next to the World Cup replica we bought last summer while traveling.  

European tournament.  (I think?)

Puppet of Hyrum's favorite Colombian player, Falcao. 

Fan shop. 

National Stadium -- go Sparta.   




Modeling new Czech jersey in front of the stadium. 
Someone let us in to see the field.  Hyrum's lucky day.  Most cities we have to peak through the fences at the field. 


and....

2) Colombian Food

We came across "El Arriero" on accident.  While walking through the street near our hotel, Hyrum saw a small sign for Colombian coffee.  Then he realized it was next to a Colombian restaurant. 
So we returned that night, for some delicious food.  (Which I'm always MORE than willing to purchase, because it takes WAY too long to make on my own.)

Hyrum loves talking soccer with Colombians.  The restaurant was empty, so the owner sat and talked with Hyrum forever. 

One happy Colombian!



And if you know anything about me, a good hot dog is always on my list.  So check, check, and check!  (If you didn't understand the title of this post before, hopefully you do now.)




1 comment:

  1. That was too funny. Did Hyrum buy one of the soccer puppets? He definately should have. I know what you can use your extra bedroom for......soccer shrine!!

    ReplyDelete