Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Sleeping Tiago

Tiago wins the deep sleeper award.  Over the last few months I've started taking snapshots of him while he's asleep because they're a mix of ridiculous and adorable.  It helps that he makes me leave the light on while he falls asleep.  [One of Hyrum's favorite things to do at night was go watch Tiago sleep for a minute or two, and that's possibly one of the things he misses most while away--that night time bonding.]

Every night we go through his routine: brush teeth, use bathroom, pray, read 1 book and sing 1 song.  [99% of the time he picks Silent Night.  When I suggest other songs he says, "That is a daytime song.  I need a night time song."]  Some times he says he wants to go sleep in my bed, and at that time of day I cave to whatever gets him asleep the fastest.  But once he's asleep, almost nothing wakes him, so it's easy to move him back to his bed.  It's also not unusual for him to sneak back into my bed around 1 or 2 am.  In a king-size bed, I usually don't even notice.   

One other thing I want to remember about Tiago's sleeping habits at this age: he loves to bring things to bed with him.  Almost always, he asks for "blanky blue"--an appropriately descriptive name for his favorite blanket.  He likes to sleep with his dog jet, or Mickey Mouse, or a small magna-doodle, or cars.  Tonight, it was my bobby pins and a ping pong ball that he wouldn't let go of.  






Even though he drools like crazy, I think he's the cutest sleeper around.

(I feel like I should give real credit to Mila and Siena, though, for being the best sleepers ever.  It helps that they're still in cribs, but they almost never wake me up and are great at self-soothing.  I would be a miserable mother if they both woke me up as much as Tiago has over the last 18 months.  I really love my sleep and can only tolerate so much disturbance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment