Friday, February 6, 2015

Random things from January

This must have been our meal for New Years day.. because why else would we use the nice china and take a picture?  

We went for a walk on New Years Day.  The downtown area was trashed.  There was evidence of fireworks everywhere.

Not sure if this was the same day (not sure the bakery was even open on New Years Day) but at some point we went to get breakfast there.  Although I'm usually a believer that German 'treats' aren't sweet enough, I discovered a creme-filled donut thing that's really delicious.  

On January 6 (Kings Day) we saw this at our neighbor's house and snuck a picture.  I don't think the 'kings' ever knocked on our door, but when they do, you can give them a donation, and they write the date on the top of the door in chalk indicating that your house will be blessed.  (It's kids from the town that dress up.) 

 Here I am.  Still super pregnant.  Thanks Hyrum for taking a picture of me putting away dishes. 

We've been spending plenty of time at the hospital.  (That's where my doctors appointments are.)  I go in ever 2 weeks, and it takes hours, literally.  Between the waiting, and bloodwork, and fetal monitoring, and full-on ultrasound exam... I'm looking forward to having these babies!  Hyrurm found a play area on one of the floors where he takes Tiago to play sometimes.  Looks like fun.

I'll have to write more about this another day, but Hyrum took a weekend trip to Zurich, Switzerland when the Fifa Balon d'Or was going on.  He toured headquarters, saw the city, and spotted a few famous players going to the event.  

We also took a family day-trip to Carlovy Vary (next door in Czech Republic) that I need to write about.  It was only a few hours away, and except for the cold weather, we enjoyed a quick visit. 

 This is the Bayern Munich club president that Hyrum met a few weeks ago.  He found out that a player from the team was coming to Vilseck, so he joined in the festivities.  The town's band marched down 'main street' to the city hall, where they had a little ceremony and the mayor gave a speech.  Hyrum was happy to get his picture taken with Rafinha and get his jersey autographed.  Vilseck's Night Watchman also joined in on the celebration. 



The only other noteworthy thing we did in January was try to get our house ready for two more babies.  We cleared out a bedroom that used to be our office/storage area.  We set up a second crib, and took a big trip to Ikea to purchase a new dresser (among other things...).  It's nice to finally have a place to put all the new baby things we're accumulating.  I've spent a nice chunk of change on amazon (thank goodness for free shipping.)  Tiago is in a new carseat, we have new bottles and pink bibs, and a lot of other little things that don't seem big but somehow add up to a lot.  There are still some small things left on my 'to-do' list, but the big stuff is all done.  Only a few more weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment