Friday, February 27, 2015

37 weeks with twins!

I didn't think I'd get this far along in a twin pregnancy, but here I am.  37 weeks plus a little.  No signs of labor.  The babies are still in a good position for a natural delivery, and weigh an estimated 5.5 lbs each.  So we'll see what the next few days bring, and if nothing happens then their birthday will be next Tuesday!

37 weeks + 2 days

A few things to note about pregnancy at this point:

  • The movement in my stomach is insane.  There's really no need to put your hand on it to feel anything, you can just watch as the entire shape of my stomach distorts and twists and pushes.  
  • My belly button is disgusting -- like stretched as far as it possibly can go, making it completely flat, almost imperceptible.  
  • While I acknowledge that I'm huge, I don't stick out in front as much as I expected to.  But top-to-bottom and side-to-side I take up plenty of space!!
  • The weight gain has fortunately slowed down.  Probably because there's less room for food so I eat smaller amounts (all the time.)  I think I'm up 42 lb, which is on the high end of normal.  In the last few weeks the weight has started showing in my face.  Lovely.  
  • I wake up every night with shoulder/upper back pain.  I think sleeping on my back is one of the things I'm most looking forward to.  
  • Hyrum and I both agree... we can't imagine that in just a few days our family size will nearly double.  I can't even picture having newborns around the house again.  It will all be quite a shock when they're finally here, and hopefully we all adjust well.  (Including Tiago, who has no idea what's going on.  He probably just thinks I'm really fat these days.)
  • And we're pretty sure we have names decided.  Thank goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment