Stretch Marks: Not that I can see, but I know they're there
Belly Button: It's slowly changing from 'flat' to 'out'. Both look very unnatural.
Cravings: Nothing specific, but I'm back to my old problem of having no 'limit'--meaning, I could eat sugar for 3 meals a day and I don't think it would make me sick
Biggest complaints: heart burn, no laying on back, don't sleep well on side, one baby squishing my lungs and the other sitting on my bladder, most movements really strain the ab muscles I don't have...
Clothing: I avoid leaving the house because it means I have to put on real pants, which are never comfortable. And I have way more maternity shirts than I'll ever need, because I avoid leaving the house.
Weight gain: a lot... already passed the 25 lb mark last week. The doctor never makes comments about anything, so I think I'm fine. Since all serious exercise has been ruled out for months, I'm probably in terrible shape right now. I guess I'll have to consider that the sacrifice of not stretching my cervix, and worry about the extra fat in a few months.
What i miss most: easily doing day-to-day things that require bending over
Things left to do: set up second crib, finishing clearing out Tiago's future room. Decide TWO baby names!!
And lastly, people always ask if I feel more kicking with twins than I did with Tiago. Early on, the answer was no, but now I feel more kicking all over instead of concentrated on a certain side like I felt with a single baby.
During my last ultrasound on Monday the doctor was doing an anatomy check. She said, "There's baby b's hand, and another hand, and actually, all four hands." They're really crammed in there. They weigh about 2.75 lb each. At the moment, the bottom one is breach and the top one is just sideways. There's plenty of time for that to all change in the coming weeks, though. [Coincidentally, they ended up doing a fetal monitoring, and put me in the same delivery room where Tiago was born. So many unpleasant memories there, plus a few blurry good ones.]
![]() |
| Their two faces |
I'm curious whether or not I'll be able to wear my wedding ring the whole pregnancy; it's already getting tight. I'm curious whether I'll make it to 37 weeks (end of February), or if they'll end up inducing me the first few days of March. I'm curious whether these babies will be identical. And whether my epidural will be more helpful this time around. I'm curious to see how Hyrum handles the labor and new baby process, since it will be his first time. And if we'll be spending time in the NICU. And how Tiago will react with two babies around the house.
Life feels generally slow at the moment, but I know soon everything will be shaken up and all the things I'm curious about will start to play out.


No comments:
Post a Comment