Thursday, January 15, 2015

Random Pictures to wrap up 2014

It's time to get caught up, which means posting a bunch of random, finishing writing about our trip to Utah, and covering the fun of the last week or so.  

I dug through our pictures to see what had fallen through the cracks, and here are a few things from the last 3.5 months.  

Halloween feels like a lifetime ago.  In addition to our ward Trunk-or-treat that I wrote about, Hyrum's squadron also hosted a family event that we went to during the day.  Beforehand, I wondered if anyone would dress up besides the kids, but Hyrum is always looking for an excuse to wear his Superman costume so we went all out.  In the end, only a few soldiers dressed up, but Hyrum still loved telling people he'd been doing extra PT (exercise) lately to build up his muscles.  


Speaking of exercise, I think this was one morning when Hyrum was doing a PT test.  (Two minutes of sit-ups, 2 minutes of push-ups, and a 2-mile run.)  That's him doing sit-ups, his best 'event'.

During the holidays, we found some lebkuchen on sale at the grocery store and brought it home to try.  It's a german dessert that's supposed to resemble gingerbread in taste, but to me, it didn't taste enough like gingerbread and was kind of disgusting.  Tiago and Hyrum liked it though!


Tiago still has a lot of funny habits, which I'll have to write about in more detail some day.  But occasionally he'll disappear from the family room, and when I go look for him I find him chilling in the baby bouncer in his room.  He's proficient at getting in and out, despite his size.  He also discovered where we're storing the seats to our new stroller (they detatch) and will just go sit in them.  

I think I already posted this picture, but we found out we were having twin girls (at the beginning of November.)  Still no idea if they're identical or not, and we won't know until after they're born.  I had no hopes or expectations for their gender, so I'm perfectly happy with two girls.  My impression is that girl twins tend to be better life-long friends, boy twins would have had so much boy fun with Tiago, and one of each would have been great too (I wouldn't have had to buy double the girl stuff...)  Pretty soon the boys in our family will be outnumbered.


Our ward had a "Night in Bethlehem" Christmas party.  It was something else, and I still can't believe all the work that went into it.  It was only a few days after we got back from our trip to the States, so I wasn't involved with any of the planning or setting up, but hats off to those that did all the work.  There were food stalls built to distribute old world food like stew, figs, and challah bread; Roman soldiers enforcing certain rules; costumes; Hebrew lessons; and super impressive decorations.  

I did an excessive amount of baking in December.  Tis the season, right?  Probably my favorite was this cranberry bread covered in cream cheese frosting and white chocolate.  I'm no food photographer, but it sure tasted good.

Our New Years Eve celebrations were nothing too exciting.  We started watching a movie that got way too boring, so we turned it off.  In our bedroom we have big double doors leading to a balcony; with the curtains open we could see fireworks going off periodically throughout the night.  I fell asleep at some point, and Hyrum stayed up to watch the craziness at midnight.  The noise definitely woke me up, since Germans do fireworks for a loooong time.

And finally, the last week of the year we were in charge of cleaning the church.  Tiago found a vacuum in the nursery and had fun helping.


No comments:

Post a Comment