We spent the morning getting ready. Lots of hairspray, curling irons, and make-up.
While we were waiting to take family pictures, Jenna and I took one of ourselves, then decided to let Courtney in on a "sister picture" since she claims she's always left out. We're all matchy-matchy in our bridesmaids dresses.
I don't have any of the big group pictures... but I'm sure they turned out lovely. Then while Amie and Jorge took some more outside, we entertained ourselves inside by taking even more pictures... And Tiago pushed chairs around the dining room for quite a while.
Here are my two not-quite-married-but-getting-there siblings, along with the corresponding fiance and girlfriend. Gotta love candid pictures.
The ceremony was nice. Most of the pictures I got have the back of people's heads in them, unfortunately. We should have grabbed better seats. Andrew's face shows that he was clearly enjoying the whole thing!
I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of the food. It could be that we were trying to balance this kid on our laps while we were devouring it... but it was so good! Two types of delicious salad with plenty of fancy cheese and bacon and pomegranate seeds. Rolls. Lemonade. Chicken with something delicious on top.
After the eating was plenty of dancing. No regrets that I didn't get pictures of the dancing--some things are better left remembered than documented. At that point Tiago was asleep in his car seat in a small dark room so Hyrum and I could enjoy ourselves more.
And then it was over! The newlyweds drove off into the night, and we cleaned up and drove home, and ate some of the leftover food, because it really was delicious.
| And this was probably the next day... showing how cold it was! |



No comments:
Post a Comment