Monday, September 15, 2014

Santiago's Birthday

Because Santiago's birthday was on a Saturday, we got to celebrate all day.  Hyrum loves entertaining Tiago, which makes both me and Tiago very happy.  We tried to go to McDonalds, because we thought they would have a play place, but it turns out they don't.  Either does Burger King.  So we settled for Subway.


Throughout the day we had him open presents.  Between the new toys and the boxes they came in, he's been one busy kid.  He got a baby phone that lights up and talks (because I'm sick of him trying to use our house phone), a bouncy ball & bubbles, stacking cups, and a tent/tunnel, and another wooden toy with a hammer.  He usually needed a little help initially tearing the wrapping paper, then he'd rip off tiny pieces until the toy was uncovered.







For dinner he had some friends come play. It reconfirmed my theory that he would have made a great middle child; he loves watching other kids!  I didn't have to entertain him at all for two hours because he just followed them around and watched them.  When they unwrapped a bouncy ball for him, his face was beaming.





Cake was a huge hit.  While we sang happy birthday to him, he was trying to reach out and grab the cake.  It was funny, which made everyone laugh, and so he burst into tears.  He was quickly consoled by handfuls of sugary frosting and cake.  He ate almost half of it, threw a ton on the floor, and smeared the rest all over his face and hair.  I'd call that a success!  For some reason he wasn't very hungry the next morning?






I made my favorite cake, too, so once he finished with his cake, I had no shame in digging in with my fork.  Another little girl there had a similar idea.  She saw the cake crumbs on the floor and went to town.  Why not, right?





Happy 1st birthday Tiago!

1 comment:

  1. Looks so fun! I can't believe he's already 1 year old -- that year went fast!! Happy Birthday, Mr. Tiago!!!

    ReplyDelete