Monday, September 15, 2014

Santiago: 1 Year!

Tiago is no longer a baby....  He turned 1 on Saturday.  [I'll write a separate post for how we celebrated his birthday.]


Tiago does so much more these days to interact with us.  He copies us when we do things.  If I'm a few feet away from him and reach out my arm towards him, he reaches back.  He also points to people and things all the time.  While he's eating, he acts like he's going to share his food with us, but right before giving it to us he pulls his hand back and shoves it in his mouth.

He climbs on everything he can, and races around the furniture (but still doesn't even attempt to stand on his own.)

He has long eyelashes.



He still gets anxious and cries when strangers try to hold him.  (When I put it that way, it sounds kind of obvious--I'd cry too.  But it gets old very quickly!)

For the last week he's been on the most amazing sleeping schedule.  Almost 12 hours at night, and two 2-hr naps at the same time every day.  I love how much he's sleeping, but even more, I love that it happens like clock-work.  It makes planning the day so much easier.  Not that I'm trying to cram much in (since I usually am at home without a car), but still... I like schedules.

We've taken all the knobs off our cupboards because Tiago was opening them all.  His favorite hobby is still to throw Tupperware all over the kitchen.  And he eats a fair amount of normal food these days, although it still goes in phases.  Right now he really loves yogurt and goldfish.

He likes to climb into his baby bouncer and he hangs off both ends.

That about sums it up for our one-year-old boy! And as much fun as it's been to take pictures month by month, I'm glad it's over because he doesn't sit still or cooperate for the camera.

Here's a look back:







 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment