Saturday, August 24, 2013

What We've Been Eating

Knowing that Hyrum is leaving soon, I've made more effort to plan good meals.  Who knows how many MRE's he'll be eating in the coming months!  

Delicious cranberry cake... worth searching several grocery stores to find cranberries


We've had many types of Colombian food, including Arepas, and hot chocolate made in our Colombian Olleta (pot/pitcher)
More Colombian food- arepas and hogao.  Plus we experimented with yucca for the first time. It was great! (Boiled then fried)

Hyrum's commander had a birthday, so we made a cake for the "Wolfpack" (his squadron)

Last week at church, a German family brought a huge box full of this fruit, because they have a tree at their house.  I'd never seen them before, but they tasted like plums.  I googled it, and they're called Mirabelle Plums.  We ate LOTS.  And they were great!!  It makes me wish I had fruit trees.  

You can see how small they are. 


1 comment:

  1. The look like the orange cherry tomatoes people grow here.

    ReplyDelete