What??? It took me a while to wrap my mind around how that could even happen. After that experience I determined that Hyrum's mind sometimes goes on auto-pilot where he literally doesn't remember certain events. I think my mind is much more photographic, in that I remember almost every small detail of my day. At the end of the day though, it was just money, and we had more in the bank, so I got over it. [Although I certainly didn't blog about it!]
Today we were sitting on the couch, relaxing and talking. All of a sudden Hyrum was holding an envelope full of bills. His eyes were almost popping out of his head.
What??? Where did that come from? Hyrum randomly thought he might be able to find pens hidden in the crevices of the couch, so he stuck his hand into the frame [brave man] and felt an envelope. Bingo. That's where the missing money had been for all these years. It had crossed an ocean while tucked safely in the couch.
So now we're rich. Except that instead of feeling rich, the experience just brought back all those feelings from two years ago when we 'lost' the money: I can't believe how differently our minds work! It made complete sense to Hyrum how it would have ended up in the sofa. And I couldn't even fathom how it ended up in the sofa.
I reached out for the envelope and said, "I'll take it from here." Now its safe in its place. :)
I like to randomly stick my hand in the sofa's and see what's down there. You'd be surprised!! That's pretty funny that you found it. Can you imagine if you'd sold the sofa how happy another owner would have been!!! You're right, though, it's just money. Dad read somewhere that you should just plan on 'losing' a certain amount of money every year....either through misplacing it, buying something that was way over priced, getting a ticket, etc. The guy who wrote the article said $500 but you can decide. If you realize it's just part of what's going to happen every year it's less stressfulll when it happens.
ReplyDelete