At 15 weeks, I'm feeling good. I still don't think I look pregnant. (Whenever I look in the mirror, I have this debate about whether my lower stomach has ever actually been flat... pretty sure what I'm seeing now has always been there.) But I'd expect in the next week or two it will become more obvious.
I am thankfully no longer nauseous; and have yet to experience food cravings. I do feel like my eating has changed completely, though. Prior to pregnancy, I loved eating anything. I ate three decent meals, and if there was chocolate or dessert around, I wanted to eat it till it was gone. Then I got sick and didn't eat anything. I remember the first few days I started feeling better I had this urge to run around the house and eat EVERYTHING, mostly just because I could. I probably ate more 'snack food' than 'real food'--and it was great. But I think my stomach had already gotten smaller, and even now, I'm just eating small amounts throughout the day when I feel hungry or when something sounds good to me. I probably eat 6 times during the day (or more.) This will probably continue until I start wanting more than I need, and gain unnecessary weight. Sadly, a lot of foods have just lost their appeal. Chicken (or meat in general), peanut butter, yogurt. I don't even devour chocolate like I used to. (Starbursts have more appeal than Snickers... weird, I know. And as proof, there has been Easter candy uneaten on my counter for the last 3 weeks!) I can still eat all these foods, but its less exciting. And saddest of all, the thought of Nutella kind of makes me sick. You might be asking yourself how that's even possible. And honestly, I am also shocked. But its true.
I'm happy to say that the foods that sustained me through January and February are now out of rotation. No more popcorn, plain bread, or string cheese. Maybe in a few more months.
Currently the worst pregnancy side affect I'm experiencing is bad sleep. During my first trimester I could close my eyes at 8 pm and not even fidget for 10 straight hours. Now I wake up multiple times during the night, and my mind feels completely alert (even though I'm no where near getting out of bed to do something productive. It's not that extreme!) This morning I woke up 30 minutes before Hyrum's alarm, and didn't fall back asleep until he'd left the house. I bet if someone observed me, I roll over at least every 20 minutes. Because nothing is comfortable. My lower back problems aren't helping but I finally went to see the doctor about that, and it's gotten a little better. I'm hoping its a phase, but I'm afraid good sleep is not in my near or distant future. Maybe by the middle of 2014??
No comments:
Post a Comment