Thursday, March 5, 2020

Mila and Siena turn 5

Mila and Siena turned 5.  I can't believe they're big kids.  For sure not toddlers, and not even very 'little.'  On our way home from school yesterday, Mila asked, "Mom, are we 5?  I need to see if I can turn on the light switch now without standing on my toes."  As soon as we got home, she checked, and was surprised that there was no change from the previous day.  "Maybe when I'm five and a half?"  

Back at Christmas I bought this big doll house on sale.  It's been sitting in the garage in a box, and we set it up and snuck it into their room while they were sleeping.  The next morning Mila looked at it, then looked at us, then looked back at the dollhouse.  They didn't let themselves get too excited about some of these presents, but they've loved playing with them.



They got EZ Rollers from their grandma -- which unfortunately they haven't used yet due to rain -- but a neighbor girl has one, so they were telling us ALL about how they work.  Their cousins gave them fuzzy little 'pets' which have already been named Zoella and Fluffy.  And I gave them some clothes (boring.)  They felt loved from receiving cards from friends and family.  And they're most looking forward to their first birthday party this weekend with friends from school and church. 


School let out early, and Hyrum got off work early.  We took them to The Crayola Experience (which we have annual passes to.)

When I asked what they wanted for dinner, both girls said "Waffles!"  So that was easy to deliver.  They both ended up with some whipped cream squirted on their face, because that's what makes birthdays (and childhood) memorable. 




 All day they were SO excited to have cake.  And when it came time to eat it, Tiago was the only one who even took a bite (before declaring it 'too sweet'.)  I guess that's what happens when you have syrup-covered waffles with whipped cream for dinner.  (There was fruit, too!  Something healthy.)



Happy birthday to our favorite twins!  They are at a fun stage, where they LOVE friends.  Their pre-k class is incredibly social.  They have 'best friends' who they talk about constantly.  (Rianna, Mohamany, Allison, Cole, Oliver...)  They are trying to hard to understand how everything works.  They're super helpful with Enzo and tell me every day how much they love him.  They draw constantly (usually a version of a princess with a big triangle dress, or a cat princess) and love to look at books.  They love eating in the school cafeteria (with Tiago) and can finally go put away the trays all by themselves like big girls.  And we've finally (kind of) figured out how to handle their curls.  (Lots of internet research on my part!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment