Last time I posted about Enzo (in November!) I commented that I was ready to get my chubby baby back. (He'd lost a lot of weight between 3 and 4 months, still under 12 lbs.) Well, chubby Enzo showed up in a big way.... he has rolls for days. Here are the stats from the doctor:
By the beginning of December he was up to 15 lbs. So obviously the reflux medicine and formula feeding was successful. I'm glad I switched, and it created a lot of peace of mind once I got over it.
6 months:
weight: 17 lb 1 oz
length: 27.25"
head: 42 cm
7 months:
18 lbs
After our trip to Utah in December, I was desperate to sleep train Enzo, but he had such a bad cold (that lasted 3+ weeks!) that I waited. He was still waking up every 2.5-5 hours during the night, and that meant we were up multiple times a night. He doesn't take a pacifier anymore when he's in his crib, so the only way to get him back to sleep was to feed him. At his 6 month check-up, weighing in at 17 lbs, the doctor assured us he didn't need to be eating at night anymore. So we switched to a little water, and then sleep trained over the course of 3-4 days.
It was slightly more painful this time around, because he cried for TWO hours the first night before falling asleep. The next night was a little less. (First and second night also had a second thirty minute wake-up.) By night 4 I feel like he was sleeping pretty well. The only disadvantage of sleep training is that he was waking up much earlier. Instead of 6:30 or 7 am, it was around 5:30. That was okay for about a month, but now he's waking up sometimes as early as 4:30, and I refuse to make that the start of our day (for both his sake and mine.) So now we've caved and started feeding him again, because then he'll sleep until 7 am. Maybe sleep training 2.0 is coming up. (Although, we've let him cry when he wakes up that early... and it usually ended in him crying until normal wake-up time, without ever falling asleep. So I'm kind of out of answers at the moment.)
Naps have been great. He falls asleep within 10 minutes of putting him in his crib.
He loves sitting in his bouncer (that hangs in the doorway) and eats well in the high chair. The kids still adore him and think he's the cutest thing ever. His skin has lightened, but his eyes are dark still. His hair is about the same-- long and wispy on top.
No crawling, yet. He can scoot/roll around in a room to get to the toys he wants, but isn't all that mobile yet. And that's fine with me!










No comments:
Post a Comment