Thursday, April 25, 2019

Mila & Siena turn 4

Unfortunately I didn't win Mom-of-the-year award for the girls' birthday celebration.  On the one hand, they're young and don't know better.  On the other hand, it was kind of lame.  I was just feeling burned out with life in general, so I didn't put a lot of mental energy into making something elaborate.

After we dropped Tiago off at school, I took them to Chikfila because I felt last minute like they needed some special activity.  Then we had a family dinner and ate cake and opened presents.  

I bought a cake mold off Amazon a few weeks before, because they had the cutest pictures of unicorn cakes.  But once I baked the cake, though, and began decorating I soon realized my cake would be the 'pinterest fail' version of what I saw on Amazon.  It took entirely too long, I lose steam easily on projects like that, and the colors were way more neon than intended.

But on their birthday morning I showed them the cake and they thought it was the best thing ever.  Whenever someone asked them what they were doing for their birthday, they responded that they had a unicorn cake.  





So even if they didn't have a spectacular birthday celebration, they really thought that half-ugly unicorn cake was the best thing ever!
(Their gift this year was scooters.  I saw them at Target, came home and researched other options, and when I went back a week later intending to buy them at full price they were 50% off.  That was really awesome.)




No comments:

Post a Comment