Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Random things in January

We didn't do anything wildly exciting in January, but rather did a lot around home to keep ourselves entertained in the middle of the Colorado winter.  

Mila recently started saying (singing, almost), "no, no, no" while shaking her finger at me.  It's adorable, and also extremely annoying.

At the beginning of winter, I noticed my kids were freezing outside because their necks were exposed to the wind.  I found these hats online, made and shipped out of China.  They were cheap, but took over a month to arrive.  I think they're adorable.

This is Siena's miserable face.  When she doesn't get what she wants, she manages to cry/whine while still asking for what she wants with her eyes.  It's a face Mila doesn't make.  On the right is a picture of me in the back of my van trying to sleep.  At one point, my back hurt so bad that it hurt to sit or stand up.  I had 2 hours of child care already scheduled for the kids, so I debated whether strapping them in the car and driving 10 minutes over there was worth the break from getting up and down off the sofa to meet their demands at home.  In the end, I brought them.  It was painful, and instead of driving home, I tried to take a nap in the car. It was cold, and mostly uncomfortable, but it was quiet.

Meanwhile, back at home.... ha.  My house was such a mess during that week.  My kids had scattered goldfish and popcorn all over the place.  I was happy letting it go, though, because I could barely move.  I'm so glad that's behind me.  I like having a clean house!  The second I was feeling better I jumped up to sweep/mop the floor.

I saw this idea online and decided to make some to use in our Relief Society.  It was hard to track down boxes the right size, but China pulled through, and 6 weeks later I was able to finally finish them.  The end result was really cute.

The girls took great naps last month, and I said a little prayer of thanks for it every day.  I really needed those few hours in the middle of the day to rest and decompress.  Here's Mila just hanging out in her crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment