I took the girls in for their check-up about a week ago. Mila weighed 22 lb 8 oz ( a little under 25%), and Siena weighed 23 lb 10 oz (a little over 25%). I think their height (around 32") is about 25-50%.
The girls are way more vocal than Tiago at this age. Mila, in particular, likes to learn new words; and Siena likes to babble to herself or anyone willing to listen. They both say
Thank you
More/mas
Elmo (momo)
Tiago (gago)
shoe
Yes (Mila says it like "yash")
Agua (wawa)
Siena is particularly good at saying, "No." The way she says it is hilarious. For example, if I'm pushing her in the swing and ask her if she wants to get out, she looks at me like I'm crazy for asking and shakes her head saying, "No." Why would I even ask her that?!
Mila tries out new words regularly, like pizza, and peces (gold fish). Overall, they probably don't talk as much as their peers, but it feels like a lot for this family.
They're officially not babies. They have wild curly hair that makes bedhead look kind of intentional, but hate when try to braid their hair. They fight like siblings, over bottles, pacifiers, sitting in my lap, whichever toy the other one has, etc.
![]() |
| Siena in blue, Mila in pink |
![]() |
| A more realistic capture of what most of our pictures look like: someone getting chased. |
Several days a week I take them to the child care at the YMCA, and they generally do well. In fact, Siena always just runs in and doesn't look back. Mila cries about half the time when I drop her off, but is happy once I'm gone. Same is true on Sunday with nursery. Thank goodness!
And speaking of going to the YMCA... we reached a milestone of not needing to use the stroller everywhere we go. I can get them out of the car and carry one and hold the other one's hand. Tiago will often hold one of the girls' hands, too, while we walk to the entrance. Occasionally I end up with both girls in a football hold as I make my way through the parking lot to the car, but it's only about 30% of the time. Once the mail man saw us and stopped to comment about his admiration for mothers. I'm sure it was quite the sight (Siena laying down flat in the middle of the parking lot, fighting me.)
![]() |
| This was spontaneous! He grabbed both of their hands and led them out. (Mila on left) |
Lastly, a comment on having identical twins. I can't hardly tell them apart in pictures. Bad, I know. But they just look too much alike. In person, they have facial expressions and mannerisms that give them away, but in a still shot, I struggle. (Hyrum is better.) They still get a lot of comments while we're out and about.
| Siena... I think. |
| Mila, I think. :) |






No comments:
Post a Comment