I've written down a few funny things Tiago has said over the last 3-4 months.
One morning I put sugar on his rice krispies. He called it "canela blanco" (white cinnamon) because he's used to having cinnamon toast.
Once, I accidentally pinched his leg while strapping him in his car seat. So now he regularly yells, "Don't hurt me!" He also likes to say, "Don't hurt the girls." And "Don't hurt peoples." Sounds like I'm an abusive mother. (I'm not.)
He saw one of our wedding pictures on the wall and said, "Look, that's where Mama got married. Yeah, that's right. Se llama Heather." (Her name is Heather.) He is still quite interested in his parents' first names.
We taught him about angel Moroni on the top of LDS temples. He was trying really hard to remember the word, and started calling it Angel Maria instead. Wrong church, Tiago.
Conversation between me and Tiago:
Tiago- Where's Grandma?
Me- She went to get dressed.
Tiago- Maybe she will wear soccer clothes. Tiago has soccer clothes. And Papa has soccer clothes. He has red, and blue, and yellow soccer clothes."
And lastly, just some funny mess-ups in pronunciation. Most of these words I think he learned from Little Einsteins. (That show puts the most random words into a kids vocabulary.)
Arctee fox (arctic fox)
Gold pyrum (golden pyramid)
Gym-nee (instead of just "gym")
Timbell (a mix between doorbell and timbre)
Eifee tower (Eiffel Tower)
I'm squeeky (meaning squished)
And he always says he wants the music slower when he really means softer.




No comments:
Post a Comment