I could have written about potty training 2015 (our first attempt with Tiago) and I'm sure we'll have more potty training in 2017. I guess this is an annual thing.
Now that I'm typing this I realize it's kind of a gross thing to write/read about. But a few thoughts:
-Tiago used to use a mini-toilet when we lived in South Carolina. Ever since we've been here (and started over again with potty training) he refuses to touch that thing and insists on using the real toilet.
-It's been very frustrating at times. Once I got peed on twice in one day. And the next day I couldn't handle it and just put a diaper on him. After about a week, he was pretty good about running to the toilet.
-He always yells, "Rapido!" (fast/hurry) when he needs to use the bathroom.
-No attempts yet at going diaperless outside the house or at night. I see that being a ways away.
-Tiago is obsessed with washing his hands and could spend 15 minutes up on his red stool playing with water.
-Oh, and the candy. We definitely bribed him during potty training. I bought a ton of post-Easter candy at the grocery store and let him have a piece for positive affirmation. Now he asks for it sometimes, but not very often.
[Edit: I must have written this a few weeks ago. I stopped potty training Tiago this past week. He refused to use the bathroom, then decided it would be better by our front door. I've got better things to do than clean up after him every day! Maybe in a few months...?]
No comments:
Post a Comment