Starting at the beginning of September, we had a lot of pictures on our phone of furniture. We were shopping for a table, bunkbed, microwave, washer/dryer, etc. This table ended up being the winner.
This picture is from our hotel days. Every morning we loaded the girls into the stroller and rolled down the hall to a free continental breakfast. Glad they were so happy!
There's a water park on post, and we made it there on it's last day open this season. Glad we could go at least once-- it was a lot of fun!
I shared one of my favorite things with Tiago: a hotdog!
I think I've posted this before, but it's still exciting. We bought a van!
Tiago started watching Sesame Street, and loves Elmo. He saw this in the store and started yelling, "Elmo!"
Once upon a time I tried to go for a walk with all three kids. I wish I could say this happened more often, but there are a lot of hills around my house and this is a lot of weight to push around. Plus, Tiago gets whiney. I much prefer the gym!
The week before Tiago's birthday we took him to the Childrens Museum here in Columbia called EdVenture. We had a good time, but agreed it's probably even more fun for kids a few years older. He still didn't 'get' a lot of it. But as parents, I think we love showing off everything to our kids.
Inside and outside the firetruck.
The people next door have a dog, and when they let it in the backyard, Tiago loves to run play through the fence.
This is what a birthday celebration looks like without furniture. Tiago turned 2.
Siena went through a phase of always having her pointer finger in her mouth.
Tiago got a toilet for his birthday. (When they're 2 you can get away with that.) This happens occasionally.
Mila
Siena
More Siena.
Baby wrestling.
A boy from church had a birthday party. Tiago doesn't know who the Ninja Turtles even are.
Here's a view of our backyard (from the side of the house) Our backyard is fairly private due to that retaining wall.
Our movers came. This was one of the crates that had our stuff in it. "DOD Sponsored HHG... effects/from EURO Theater... Grafenwoehr Germany APO AE..." (hhg=household goods)
It was beautiful weather so we let the girls roll around outside, to stay out of the movers way.
Tiago had run reuniting with our things. The piano was a bit of a surprise for him, since it was in the landlord's basement in Germany. He did some experimenting.
Once upon a time I played around with frames for a gallery wall.
There was a regional event for the hispanic church members, including 3 or 4 stakes--food, dancing, etc.
If you look really close, Tiago is right in the middle of all these geese. (Center of photo)
Before we bought Tiago a bed, he had to sleep on the floor. (But, he was used to sleeping on the floor since we kicked him out of the crib in March, and at least it was a new mattress!)
I wrote back here about our trip to Charleston. I found these pictures on Hyrum's phone. You can see sand all over Mila's face.


Every day life. Especially the messy bun. And mess.
Siena, I think.
And I'm pretty sure this is Siena head-butting Tiago, because that's something she'd do, that would probably make Mila cry.
Tiago 'helping' in the kitchen.
Fun with the bread maker.
Lucky guy got breakfast in bed for his birthday.
Rice, pork chops, cake... plus cupcakes with the colors of Colombia's flag. I'm a good wife! :)
Since I spend most of my day listening to crying, whining, and yelling, there's really nothing quite like a sleeping child, particularly a sleeping toddler.
My mom sent this present in the mail for Hyrum-- a soccer goal for him and Tiago.
During the flooding we had Alexis stay with us. Hyrum and him went out several times over the following week to help people whose homes were damaged.
At the end of October we went to the SC State Fair. At these types of things, I prefer to spend my money on food. But as we were about to leave, a guy handed us some tickets for rides that he wasn't going to use. So Tiago got to ride the carousel twice.
Fried dough/scones/elephant ears/whatever..they-were-delicous!
Turkey leg - a last minute decision by Hyrum since he'd never had one. (Not really my thing.)
However, these fried red velvet oreos with cream cheese frosting were really my thing. Yum. Calories don't count at the fair, anyway.
There was a college football game going on across the street around the time we were leaving the fair. It was definitely the worst logistics I've ever seen. All the roads to exit the parking lot were blocked with football fans, so no one could leave the fair. It was completely gridlocked. Police were there to direct football traffic only. Parking lot people said they couldn't do anything. People were getting of of their cars to yell at people. So here's Hyrum's stuck-in-traffic selfie.
First time Tiago tried on his Halloween costume. Surprise, you're a cow!
Siena discovered herself in the mirror.
Mila
Tiago & Siena
No idea why I took this picture, but pomegranate is always a good idea.
Tiago was learning how to say the word "templo" and he'd point at temples in pictures. So we drove to the Columbia temple to walk around. It was beautiful weather at a beautiful building.
Who needs toys when Trader Joes gives you paper bags? (By the way, TJ's feta salad dressing is awesome!)
Tiago drove around his cardboard box van for quite a while, and then Amazon sent us something small in this huge box, so Tiago upgraded to a bus. Now he can give his sisters a lift. (Even though he hates when they get in his vehicles.)
The commissary has these awesome shopping carts. They're so awesome that when I'm done shopping Tiago screams for 5 minutes because he doesn't want to get out. That's not awesome.
Me and Siena.
We went to Halloween story time at Barnes and Noble. After, Curious George came out. Normally, Tiago loves "monkey", but Hyrum jumped up for a picture and without thinking handed Tiago to the monkey. BAD idea. Tiago was traumatized for about 30 minutes.
random race car at the mall, once Tiago calmed down from the monkey scare.
Siena climbing on Mila, followed by Mila climbing on Siena
As fall progressed, the weather got nicer, so we spent many evenings out on the porch. Tiago has fun playing with neighbors and looking for airplanes. Unfortunately with daylight savings time, it now gets dark by 5, leaving us with less time to play outside as a family.
Random pictures from Halloween.
Hyrum got this kid hooked on Nutella, or "tella" as Tiago declares almost every day. He used to eat it with bread, but now he just demands it on a spoon or knife. I put my foot down there.
There's a great library downtown with stuffed animals, toys, puzzles, legos, etc.
Here are a few more pictures from our trip to Myrtle Beach.
We took all the kids to see the Nutcracker at the end of November.
This picture reminds me of why the TV can be so awesome. I try to use it sparingly (kind of) but it keeps them so quiet!
Hyrum had to go to a work social one evening at a restaurant. He took Tiago along and they had a great time eating french fries and a chocolate shake. A lot of the time he hates all the attention his sisters get, so he loves one-on-one time like this.
He insisted on eating his goldfish while walking through the parking lot, and then was really sad when they all fell on the ground.
Well, at least someone is excited about this family selfie! (Mila)
We went one afternoon to check out the Fort Jackson National Cemetery. I don't think I'd mind being buried some place this pretty.
At the start of November we (I) put up this gratitude tree. The truth is that we have a huge wall and nothing to put on it that's big enough, so I've been trying to improvise with my own temporary decorations. (Bats at halloween, tree for Thanksgiving, and now the same tree for Christmas because I haven't taken it down yet.)
Siena pulls herself up in the crib (starting beginning of December.) Mila doesn't show much interest in it yet, and just lays in her neighboring crib watching.
More every day life... a mess in the toy room.
Gratitude in progress.
I'm glad I only try to do this sugar cookie thing once a year... it's a lot of dishes!
Cinnamon rolls however... that's well worth the effort, to me.
And that's a wrap. Let's do this again in another 6 months!




















































































































No comments:
Post a Comment