Monday, December 7, 2015

Mila & Siena: 8 and 9 months!

On Thanksgiving, the girls hit a milestone: they hit 38 weeks (and 1 day).  I've carried them around on the outside as long as I carried them around on the inside.


Which leads me to think about just how big they've gotten!  When they were born, I knew how small they were, but I look back now and think, how were they so small!  For comparison's sake, here are their 1-month and 2-month pictures.




When they turned 8 months old, it was apparently not a great day.  The girls are in mis-matched clothes (which happen to be the same clothes I used in their 6-month pictures--whoops), they're not smiling, there are toys all over the ground, and Tiago is in the shots.  I think my intention was to try again the next day; it obviously didn't happen.  This is just evidence of what life usually looks like. 

And at 9 months we did a little better. 





By 8 months, Siena was sitting up.  Around that time, she also started pulling herself up on anything, and her first tooth broke through.  She's a go-getter, and drags herself around anywhere she wants to go.  She loves eating bread, but if you give her food she doesn't like her face will let you know very quickly.  (She's perfected the look of "disgust".)

Mila is just content with where she's at.  She can sit up, but usually won't.  She hasn't tried to pull herself up or stand.  She loves to be held close and laughs a lot if you kiss her neck.  She was the first one to hold the bottle by herself, which is helpful to me.  I also think she's better at feeding herself.  (At least she makes less of a mess on the floor.)

They still mostly eat baby food and milk, but we've started adding in other things when it's convenient.  (Bread, bananas, potato, etc.)  

This look Siena gives (on the left) is pretty classic for her.  She doesn't pretend to be entertained if she's not.  But she makes up for it with a big smile in the next picture.  



Above, we try putting Mila in the bumbo to practice sitting.  And below, Siena looked so cute one day in Tiago's old cable knit sweater.  I couldn't resist taking pictures of her eating.


And here are their crib dispositions.  (They still sleep in the same room.  It's working out just fine.)  Siena pulls herself up to see what's going on.  And Mila just pulls down the crib bumpers to see what's going on.  Both sets of bumpers are now permanently mis-shaped.  Thank goodness for their pacifiers--they love them when they're sleeping.  I'm able to lay them down for naps twice a day (around 9 am and 2 pm) and they'll suck on their pacifiers until they eventually fall asleep. Too easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment