We've survived four months, and unfortunately, things aren't getting easier. (Although I still wouldn't say it's too crazy.) Mila and Siena don't have any consistency with their naps, except in the fact that if one falls asleep, the other will probably stay awake. I'm trying not to care too much, and wait till they're a little older to fall into a routine, but they're also starting to sleep less at night. They used to sleep till 7:30 or 8, and now sometimes they wake up at 6 or 6:30. My previous mantra of "If I get enough sleep at night, I'm okay with whatever happens during the day" is starting to crumble.
But the good news is they're growing, and after temporarily falling off the baby weight chart, Mila is back on at the 5th percentile. She weighs just over 11 lbs and Siena weighs just over 12 lbs (10th percentile). Ironically in these 4-month pictures, Siena is in a 0-3 month jumper, and Mila is in a 3-6 month shirt and newborn shorts. But with the summer heat, most days they just sport a diaper anyway.
Both girls are quite mobile in their cribs. They wake up with someone's feet in the other's head (Mila is usually the victim) or with a hand on the other's face. Mila is now pretty good at rolling from back to front, and seems to prefer sleeping on her stomach. If tummy time were a sport, Siena would be winning, but she hasn't succeeded in rolling yet.
Along with tummy time, we've been trying to help Mila stretch out her neck muscles since the doctor told us at her 2-month appointment that she has torticollis (and a really flat head on her left). It's improved a little, but she still has a ways to go.
Both girls love to smile, and their starting to laugh when you tickle their necks. They both have a husky laugh that sounds like a mix of crying and laughing. When they laugh Tiago thinks it's funny and joins in.
That counterbalances the group crying they like to all take part in. If one twin starts wailing, it's only a matter of time before the other joins her (sympathy crying) and then Tiago gets mad about it and wants attention (that he can't get) so he starts crying, too. Sometimes we have a lot of fun around here!!
When I was taking pictures Mila started this new trick of sticking out her tongue.
And here's Tiago checking out Mila's belly button. Not sure what his fascination is, but he loves finding it and then pressing down (unfortunately pretty hard.)
As they both gain weight, I'm having a harder time telling them apart. It's never hard when they're side by side, but when they're apart I second guess myself. Or if I pick someone up, I occasionally just don't bother to figure out who is who. The other night after putting the girls in bed, I asked Hyrum which one he'd fed and put in the crib. He thought about it, and I thought about it, and we couldn't remember. "Well, whichever one it was..." Some day we'll have to stop doing that and pay more attention to their individual identities. Luckily with them being so little they're quite similar, and we can interchange them without hurting their feelings. [I still don't think they're identical, just very similar genetics.]
And just for fun, here they are at 1,2, 3, and 4 months!



You said you asked Tiago which one he'd fed. He must really be talking better these days.....or you meant Hyrum. Maybe not getting enough sleep really is affecting your brain!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! These girls are adorable!
ReplyDelete