Friday, June 5, 2015

Mila & Siena: 3 months


I might need to look at that picture above every time I'm tired of hearing crying babies.  

Mila & Siena are now 3 months old, and they've obviously learned to smile this month. Most of the pictures I've taken of them were in an attempt to capture their cute smiles, and I usually failed.  Siena is just like Tiago, the second I pull out the camera, she gets very serious.  

Mila (L), Siena (R)
Mila is still in a few newborn things (like the outfit above) and two weeks ago weighed 8.5 lbs at the doctor's office.  Though still in the 0%, the doctor said she's growing well.  Siena wasn't weighed, but I'd guess she's 1.5-2 lbs bigger. Still not into 3-6 month clothes yet, but I might pull them out anyway.  
Lately, Mila has really shined as the "easy baby".  Some days, I wake her up, feed her, change her, and lay her down on the couch to quietly watch what's going on.  Eventually she just drifts into peaceful sleep and never demands anything through ridiculous lengths of crying.  

Siena, on the other hand, is getting pickier and likes to be held, particularly by someone that's standing up.  She's still a good baby, and sleeps well at night like Mila.  I put them to bed around 7:30, they wake up once to eat between 3 and 5, and wake up between 7 and 9.  So really, I have no complaints with these two.  We'll keep 'em.

They've sort of outgrown the newborn-stage.  Only occasionally will Mila sleep laying on my chest, and Siena almost never.  They love watching Tiago, and he's definitely warming up to them, as well.  He's mastered the art of putting in their pacifiers, and will sometimes go do it on his own if they're crying and I am in a different room.  

Now, without further adieu, a million pictures of these cute babies from the last month.  (From oldest to most recent).

Mila (L), Siena (R)

Mila
Watching to see what they're brother is doing.
A little size comparison.  When did he get so big?!


Here's juxtaposition for you. I'm always amazed they don't wake each other up. (Although my flash sometimes does.)


3-month pictures on June 4th.  (Mila on Left).
Tiago really wanted in on the action, and pushed himself into the majority of pictures I took.  Again, the girls can't take their eyes off him.  



Mila after a bath (a luxury around here)
Sometimes Siena sleeps with her hands in the funniest (awkward) positions.
And Mila, our delicate baby, sometimes poses like this in her sleep. 














1 comment:

  1. Agh, Heather! They're adorable!! And getting so big and expressive! (Jake was over 8.5 lbs when he was born, but he looked like a 3 month old then too...) I can't wait to meet these babies!

    ReplyDelete