Sunday, May 10, 2015

Nuremberg Zoo (back in March)

For years we've been talking about going to the Zoo, but we wanted to wait until Tiago was old enough to 'get it'.  He's in a phase (I kind of hope it's just a phase) where he loves to watch animals, so during Hyrum's paternity leave we took the kids and my mom to the Zoo.  It was a good reason to get out of the house, and the babies could stay in the stroller the whole time.  I was at the point where I could walk alright, and we can all ignore the 1.5-week-postpartum body.  

We took the train, since we can't fit 6 people in our car.  It was a mini-adventure on its own.  Tiago loved being outside the constraints of a car seat while we traveled.  And Hyrum was able to sneak in some exercise in transit.  Then we walked up the hill to the zoo.  


It was definitely helpful to have an extra set of hands to help with all these kids.  And two other adults to push strollers since I could barely make it up the hill on my own.

Monkeys and gorillas are always interesting.  What lazy animals!  We sat around long enough to see movement, though.  


Hyrum ran up to a far end of the zoo to show Tiago the lions and tigers.  Meanwhile, my mom and I went to a cafe to feed the girls and eat some pommes frites and currywurst.  We win.  The zoo is so big you could spend hours walking around and still miss 50% of the animals.  




I'm not easily impressed with animals... it's just not my thing.  But the dolphin show was truly impressive.  Maybe it's because dolphins are so similar to humans?  (Or so they say.  I think.)








No comments:

Post a Comment