Monday, May 11, 2015

Mila and Siena at 2 months


Whew.  Two months down.  

Really, though, we've been blessed with two great babies.  Their short lives have been relatively smooth, and things get better with each day.  Around six weeks, they started sleeping longer stretches at night, and going to bed earlier (ie: not 11pm) without crying.  A few nights they slept from 9 til 5:30!  But unfortunately that was a fluke and hasn't happened for a while.  

One advantage of not being a first-time mom is knowing first hand that all phases pass.  I think that's allowed me to enjoy the moments more without worrying about what might currently be wrong.  I worry less about them falling asleep in my arms or having a strange bedtime.  I think in the end things will all kind of resolve themselves, and pretty soon they'll be Tiago's age and eating, sleeping, and growing just fine. And they won't sit still for ten minutes to come lay on my chest.  


Right when they hit two months they started smiling.  That was a fun surprise! I wasn't expecting it so soon.  When we were taking these pictures I found them to be very expressive, Mila in particular.  [Hyrum was standing to my left making faces at them, so you can kind of tell they're watching him-- another fun development.  Once they're able to do things like look at faces, it's hard to remember a time when they didn't do it... but then I have to remember that newborns hardly do anything outside of eat, sleep, and go through hundreds of diapers.]



Mila weighs 8 lbs and is 53 cm long; Siena weighs 9.5 lbs and is 54.5 cm long.  The weight difference makes it pretty easy to tell who is who.  Siena is up to the 14th % for weight, while Mila is stuck back in 0%.  She's pretty little.

Both are in newborn onesies in this picture, but they're clearly a little tight on Siena.
They're sleeping together still in their crib.  Siena's started wiggling a lot more, so sometimes when I go get them to eat Siena has moved over almost on top of Mila.  It's still amazing that they don't wake each other up when they cry.  (I also love having a white noise machine!)


Most days I don't think they're identical.  But then I see a picture like this,where all of their features look the exact same: the eyes, nose, mouth and chin.  And it makes me wonder, again.  Either time will tell, or I'll pay to have them tested.  The one thing that seems different is their head shapes.  (Siena's head is a full inch bigger, and Mila's head is more circle than oval).


Tiago does much better with his sisters these days. He loves to look at their belly buttons.  And every morning when I get them up, I tell him, 'Say hi to Mila/Siena'.  He waves at them and smiles.  Occasionally he'll rub their heads.  And on the flip side, occasionally he throws toys at their heads.


So in conclusion, we really like them.  And because babies make the funniest faces, here's a good one to end with.


2 comments:

  1. The first picture with Mila yawning is super cute. Actually she's quite expressive in most of the pictures. Siena just looks concerned....well until the last picture when she's just had it!!
    They are really growing fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Heather! They actually look like their personalities are coming out; that's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete