Friday, August 22, 2014

Vilseck Feuerwehr (Fire Station)

The other day I went for a walk around town.  As I was approaching the fire station, I saw a van driving very aggressively (passing the car in front of him, which is illegal within city limits.)  I was confused, then I saw him race into the fire station parking lot.  Within 60 seconds, about 6 other guys went running in.  Some came by car, others by scooter.  And one guy rolled in on a tractor.

So I can only assume this is a volunteer fire squad, which is a strange concept for me to think about, seeing as I've never really lived in a small town before.  I guess they all work in Vilseck and are able to come at a minutes notice?

Before I'd even gotten 20 ft past the station, a big truck was pulling out.  Two minutes later, a second truck was on its way. (It only went about 2 blocks, I think it was something involving a car.  I tried not to be too nosy initially, and by the time I'd looped back 20 minutes later, the road was blocked off.)

I tried to take a picture of the tractor in front of the fire station, but my camera was dead.  (That also means I didn't get to take a picture of Tiago's stylin' sandals-over-socks, which you can get away with when you're a baby.)  This photo of the Vilseck Feuerwehr will have to suffice.
source

No comments:

Post a Comment