Then today that all went out the window. Back to chicken noodle soup and bread. (I ran out of chicken nuggests and ramen noodles.)
I think my morning sickness this time around isn't as constant as it was with Tiago, but when it hits, it's much worse. Fortunately I haven't lost as much weight this time around. (7 lb, instead of 12)
Speaking of weight, though, this would be a good time to mention two pieces of clothing I've held on to for the last 5 years. I love both, and they fit like a glove... in 2010.
Just a few months before getting married I finally found a pair of skinny jeans that didn't make me look like a sausage. And I found a great lined high-waisted pencil skirt. But marriage happened. And that awesome 10-lb weight gain happened. And the skirt and the jeans got put away as a dream, because those kinds of clothes aren't very forgiving. Sure, I squeezed into the jeans a few times, but probably had to undo the top button.
During my first pregnancy I remember feeling excited that I finally fit back into both! (There are some perks to not being able to eat, although I'd choose eating over skinny jeans any day!!)
That brings me to just last week. I honestly don't wear jeans much these days to begin with. Nothing fit right on my post-partum body, and by the time I'd lost some weight it was getting warm and I always seemed to pull out the same pair of jeans (even though I have an entire drawer of varied sizes.) I was digging into my drawer remembering what was in there, and came across those not-my-size-anymore skinny jeans. I put them on for fun, and they fit perfectly. I love them! (Sadly, I've never been able to find them in my normal size that fit quite the same. There's no stretch in them and the fabric is really thick and doesn't show everything.) Now I want to get as much wear out of them in the next... probably 1.5 weeks that they'll still fit.
![]() |
| THE skirt back in 2010..it's hard to tell how awesome it was/is |
Every time I put on either item, I wonder if I'll ever reach a weight in 'normal life' when they fit. just in case. I've never been one for 'goal' clothing items, but when they do fit, they're just too good to get rid of.
I've been pretty consistently 10-lb too big for them for the last 4 years. My body seems to like that size better. I'm sure I'll keep them in my closet

No comments:
Post a Comment