Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Life in Pictures April/May

People are right when they say you forget things when you start having kids.  I used to think it was just an excuse, but it's real!  I used to pride myself on remembering everything--names, events, where I put my keys, the locker combination I had in high school...

I apparently traded that in when I joined the mom club.  All that to say, I don't remember which of these things I've already written about.  So if I repeat, that's why.  


General Conference was forever ago, but I still think this picture of Tiago is cute.  He has earned himself quite the reputation for being serious.  He does smile and laugh though, just not publicly.  

Heeeeeeeeellllllllllp!!!

The sunsets have been beautiful, and the best views are always out our kitchen window.  The other night we looked into the kitchen and it was glowing red, thanks to a bright sun setting out the window.

Here's another shot out the kitchen window.  The field in front of our house is filled with long bright green grass.  When the wind blows it's fun to watch.

I hate recycling.  Not necessarily the act of reducing trash and re-using materials; but the actual cans and plastics that build up in the corner of my kitchen drive me crazy.  Since it doesn't get picked up, we have to go drop it off.  Now that Hyrum is home, he does a better job than me of consolidating the 'garbage' and getting it out of my kitchen.  To the right is Hyrum playing soccer around Tiago.

The first time Tiago tried a kinder egg he was much more interested in the toy than the chocolate.  [Random fact: you can't mail kinder eggs to the states because they're considered a choking hazard.  So here is my baby, trying to stuff one in his mouth.  Parent of the year award.]

At the beginning of May we went to the squadron's end-of-deployment ball.  I have mixed feelings about balls.  I'll leave it at that.  It's nice to get some use out of that expensive uniform Hyrum bought, though.  Also, ignore all the business behind us in this picture.  We have no blank walls in our house.    

Fun before work one morning.



When Santiago wakes up from naps, he's either really happy (meaning it was a great, long nap, which isn't as often as I would hope) or he's sad and still zoned out.  This is his sad face.  

 But life can't be that bad when you get to roll around in a stroller and eat gelato.  

Ice cream is not the only food he gets all over his face.  He clearly doesn't like the green beans I was trying to feed him, so they mostly ended up all over his face.  In fact, he doesn't like any vegetables, and quite honestly I don't blame him.  They're just not as good as fruit and delicious Greek yogurt, especially when you don't add salt.   

At church I'm in charge of planning the Relief Society activities, so in the middle of May we had a dinner with Hawaiian Haystacks.  What to do with extra noodles??   Make spiders!

Twins!  And a banana phone.

In the mornings I've been trading off babysitting with a friend while we each take a turn running.  Do I love it?  No.  I hate running.  But I love that I can exercise, and do it first thing in the morning.  And I love that I don't have to exercise while pushing a baby stroller.  And I love that it's not too hot yet.  And meanwhile, Santiago is making friends.

Last week Hyrum's regiment had a family day activity.  When we were driving to the big field where it was held, there was a huge line of cars trying to leave.  To say 'huge' is an understatement.  Some people waited an hour to get out.  (There's only one small road leading in/out.)  So once we were there we figured we ought to just stay put while the line died down.  It was very hot and sunny, so we did what we could to keep Tiago cool.  Lucky for us there was free food and entertainment.  Plus lots of tanks (strykers?) to see.    




1 comment:

  1. It's looking more and more like Hyrum is carrying around a mini-Heather! Tiago is getting lots of blonde hair.

    ReplyDelete