Friday, December 13, 2013

We made butter... I mean Baklava

Last May, when we met up in Turkey, we (over)indulged on baklava:  regular, with pistachio, chocolate-covered... all of it.  So when my mom suggested we make some, I invited over Matt and Amie to join in on the fun.  

Here's how you make baklava: butter, butter, and more butter.  

Matt, applying butter to phylo dough
me, laying out phylo sheets to get covered in butter
Mom, melting butter and sugar to pour on top.  We figured the easiest intake would be through a straw. (kidding)
Amie mostly didn't participate. Maybe she felt bad that she wasn't in Turkey to eat baklava with us. 


The finished stuff.  YUMMMMM

I'm happy to say that it's not all gone, even after a few days.  We've been spacing it out so we don't go into sugar comas.  And for the buttery recipe:  the pioneer woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment