Friday, November 15, 2013

Hyrum's Skype Birthday Party

This year we celebrated Hyrum's [32nd!] birthday through Skype.  He's now one year older, and one year wiser. 

He started the party by opening "poppers", which he didn't know would shoot confetti all over his room.  [not sure if that's been cleaned up yet or not.  sorry!  you live and you learn...] Then on to the balloons.  No birthday is complete for Hyrum without some soccer balloons. 



Then a few real gifts.  Yes, this looks like a little black bra.  But I'm a much more boring gift-giver than that. [There's always next year.]  In reality, it's just an eye mask for sleeping.



I'm pretty sure he was doing a Napoleon Dynamite impression, which is why his face looks like this.  And I told him to watch the DVD enough during the deployment that we never have to watch it at home.


A little book to learn about the countries of the world.  [The book we had before was from 1990.  Even though that just feels like yesterday, a lot has changed in over two decades!]


Hyrum and all of his birthday loot.  His birthday cake this year was... drum roll... Swiss Cake Rolls.  And he loved it.  I'm looking forward to a better celebration next year (in person) but I'm pretty happy with our make-shift party via Skype.
If he'd sent me this picture a month ago, his birthday post would have been more timely. 



No comments:

Post a Comment