Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pregnancy Update: 30 weeks

at 28 weeks
at 30 weeks... just trying to keep the poses interesting

All my maternity clothes fit!  AHHH. It's a strange feeling because for several months I'd try them on and they were huge.  And now they're not.  And the scale backs up the growth.  The good news is I now have new clothes to wear.  :)  

That being said, though, I made a decision yesterday: forget about maternity pants; I'm just going to wear stretchy cotton skirts all summer.  It's even better than sweatpants, because there's virtually no 'waist', and nothing is tight.  

As for new pregnancy symptoms, still nothing too horrible.  Just the fact that when its hot, I feel even more hot.  Like sometimes at church on Sunday when there's no air conditioning I just sit and melt and fan myself with any paper I can find.  Also, I still have no limit when it comes to sweets.  (pregnancy symptom or life symptom? I'm not sure.)  The other day I didn't eat the whole pan of brownies, but I could have.  Fortunately my husband came home and saved me.  I love being able to use pregnancy as an excuse to go slow and take lots of breaks. All the shortness of breath justifies it, though. 

Last weekend while we were camping the baby started kicking me for the first time in the ribs.  Ouch.  Feeling the baby kick has turned from a passive activity with subtle movements to an aggressive activity where my whole stomach bounces around.  Hyrum thinks the baby is in there playing soccer...

Yesterday we took a tour of the hospital where I'll deliver.  It was sad to be in the delivery room and listen to the doctor talk about the important role husbands play in the delivery process...  But on a happier note, the facilities looked nice. I've heard good things about the hospital. 

I also decided it was time to learn more about labor and birth so I'm more prepared.  (Several people have told me that you can never be prepared, but something is better than nothing, in my opinion.)  So I started reading a book about pain management, and the entire first chapter just emphasizes how much pain is really involved and how most women don't realize it ahead of time.  That ruptured my fantasy bubble of not thinking about pain until September. It had me googling pictures of epidural catheters and birthing balls.  I can already tell I have so much to look forward to!  And after all that fun... I get to enjoy my baby!

 



1 comment:

  1. Psssh! Who said you can never be prepared?! Any preparation you put in now will help you feel that much more ready when you go in to have the baby, and that's totally worth something. Study on! ;)

    ReplyDelete